Monday, October 15, 2007

Aussie Things

There are so many wonderful things about Australia. The flora, the fauna, the people. We had very unique roommates in Townsville...here are our favorites:

The Laughing Kookaburra. One of the most handsome and surprising birds we've ever seen...or heard. This guy raised a family of five around our house. We had three mini-burras learning to fly and call right in our yard. They really do laugh!



Two members of the Gecko family that lived in our house. We caught them here in an...um...intimate moment. We had mini geckos all over the house a few weeks later...



The coolest ever Frogmouth family! I stalked the family of five for about a week and then they left. Poof! To this day my heart sinks to think my pursuit of them drove them away. I keep telling myself they were migrating...or nesting...or just stopping by.



Tomorrow I will post more of my favorite Aussie things...there are enough for many days worth!

1 comment:

Sussanah said...

good shots, nature girl!
bet you don't miss the sun being 10 metres above the earth